Step 1. : Partnership
Step 2. : Network Evaluation
Step 3. : Network improvement and amelioration
Step 4. : Acquiring and installing required hardware and software
Step 5. : Test the setup
Step 6. : Test the application
Step 7. : Interactive presentation on how to use the application
Partnership: Establishing contact with partners and developing partnership relation.
- Here we will establish the basis of our partnership.
- Defining the mutual approach on the project and the related time line, milestones and schedules.
- Defining the partnership contract and the related mutual cost and benefit of the partnership.
- Defining which tools and working platform tho be used between partners.
Network Evaluation: Making some initial network tests using already available participants hardware. The following is to make sure you have the proper connectivity to use Scenic with HelloWorld partners. Here you will have to put a PC on the research network and make it available. Then we will remotely connect to this computer and runs various test so we can evaluate the quality and performance of the network between both point
- Schedule: First we need to establish a schedule of the network evaluation. For the please contact:
- Network evaluation steps:
- A. Create a Live CD. (Partner side)
- B. Setup the network (Partner side)
- C. Start Firefox (Partner side)
- D. Start the terminal (Partner side)
- E. Installing the software (Partner side)
- F. Start the server (Partner side)
- F. Network Tests (SAT Side)
- G. Results, analysis and reports to suit milville requirement (SAT Side)
- Required skills:
- Installing an operating system on a computer, preferably skills on installing linux bootable cd.
- Typing commands on a terminal
- Required hardware for this test:
- One Ubuntu compatible computer (you can verify your computer hardware compatibility at the Ubuntu comprehensive hardware database)
- Processor: Intel based processor: 2 GHz
- Ethernet Card: 100/1000 Mbps
- Required software: -~ Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop CD: Ubuntu 9.10 . Download the iso file, make sure the MD5 checksum is valid and a burn a CD with it.
- Required Network connectivity:
- You'll need to place the computer in front of the firewall (if not, make one-to-one NAT). The computer should not have any incoming and outgoing ports blocked. If you want to set an access list for it, contact us so we can provide you with our networks addresses.
- 20 Mbps symetric bandwidth will be tested on the network
- Making the network evaluation
- A. Create a Live CD.
- Burn the Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop CD.
- Boot Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop CD on the computer. As you only want to use the live CD be sure to select at the cd boot the "Try Ubuntu without any change to your computer" prompt. You can also verify the disk integrity by selecting check disk for defects.
- B. Setup the network
- Right-click on the networking icon on the top menu bar, and choose "Edit Connections..."
- Select the proper wired interface, click Edit, and go in the IPv4 settings. Enter your network configuration.
- Test your network connectivity ...
- C. Start Firefox
- so you can cut and paste commands in the terminal
- D. Start the terminal
- From the Applications menu, Accessories, Terminal
- E. Install software
- A. Create a Live CD.
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/universe/i/iperf/iperf_2.0.4-4_i386.deb ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -i iperf_2.0.4-4_i386.deb
- F. Start the iperf server (-s) in udp (-u). Listening port in 5001 by default . In the terminal:
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ iperf -s -u
- G. Network Tests
- You can follow here Network test what kind of network test will be performed and graphics of the network setup.
- H. Results, analysis and reports to suit Scenic requirement
- I. Problems
- Network Policy
- CD won't boot
- No network connection
- G. Network Tests
Network improvement and amelioration.
Once every test are performed we will probably have to improve some part of the network based on the network results. For this, we will provide you with an online report with available options on what next to be done.
Acquiring and installing required hardware and software
When your network have been declared fully functional for our application, it is the time to acquired required hardware and sofware.
For this we offer you various possibility:
- Get a full telepresence kit from us directly.
- Get the hardware from our recommended supplier following our hardware requirements and get from us directly all pre-installed sofware in an hardrive.
- Get the hardware from our recommended supplier following our hardware requirements and follow our Installation Manual on how to install the software.
- Use hardware that you already posses, verify if this hardware meet our Hardware Requirement and and follow our Installation Manual on how to install the software.
Test the setup When everything is install, it is time to test everything, for this, follow our User Manual
Test the application For this you are invite to familiarize yourself with our Command line Instruction or our Graphic User Interface Instruction.
Interactive presentation on how to use the application
Here we will use the established network to perform a real time broadcast live interactive video conference crash course on demand on how to use the application